Jack’s Group of Companies is a growing private sector organization which comprises of Retail, Restaurants, Manufacturing, Construction, Garments, Property Investment, Spa and Farms. Our values revolve around craftsmanship, culture, community and generosity. We are seeking two (2) competent, professional and dynamic personnel who has great amount of passion for people for the role of Human Resources Training & Development Officer who will join either our Retail or Restaurants Team and based in the Western Region.
HUMAN RESOURCES & TRAINING OFFICER – NADI
The role will focus on providing support to the business in the provision of a comprehensive people and organizational development service and creating a conducive work environment for all staff in order to support the achievement of organizational goals.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Business partnering across the Retail or Restaurants team, dealing with a diverse group of people and organizational development activities, overall Strategic HR – support respective
- Heads in providing people and organizational development support across the Western stores or Restaurants .
- Development and review of HR systems and procedures;
- Provide advice, support, coaching and guidance on employee relations matters including performance management, leave management, employee benefits, disciplinary and grievance handling, handle recruitment, selection and induction of new employees; and
- Participate in a range of HR and/or organizational development projects and initiatives, undertaking research and benchmarking exercises to support the decision-making processes and to deliver and execute the human resources and organizational development strategy and plans.
- Flexible to work during “peak” retail hours such as weekends, and holidays (as and when required).
- Be professional and approachable
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources Management with experience in a similar role;
- Working knowledge of statutory framework within which the retail business operates;
- Understanding and commitment to diversity and equal opportunities;
- Ability to think strategically and be committed to Jack’s of Fiji values and goals;
- Ability to plan and monitor to ensure services and projects are delivered in line with agreed standards and timescales;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Ability to act with sensitivity and discretion when dealing with complex people related issues;
- Ability to build and maintain professional credibility with managers and staff;
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent organizational skills, able to set priorities and manage multiple tasks;
- Core IT skills (able to use HR Software, MS Office, Internet, HR databases, teleconferencing and social media); and
- Be innovative, creative and motivated to achieve results.
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind
leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- An attractive remuneration package will commensurate to the most appropriate candidate.
Aspiring applicants need to apply immediately with your full supporting documentations posted or emailed to the address below: